Please read through the following list of screening criteria to learn about our standard requirements for approval & how to apply.
Windermere Property Management does not accept reusable/portable tenant screening reports.
Screening Requirement are as Follows:
- Income and Employment - combined income of all applicants must be equal or greater than 3x the monthly rent. Co-signers will be considered if applicants don't meet this requirement.
- Previous and/or current rental history - no applicant having an eviction or owing a landlord money will be considered.
- Criminal Background - Owner and management will screen for criminal convictions for crimes against person or property. There is no automatic exclusion of rental applicants based on criminal history.
- Credit - Applicants must have a minimum credit score of 600. No applicant having an open chapter 7 bankruptcy will be considered. Co-signers will be considered for applicants with open chapter 13 bankruptcies, judgments, liens, or numerous non-medical collections. Medical collections may be overlooked.
Apply to Rent:
- Each individual eighteen (18) years of age or older and emancipated minors are required to complete an application to rent.
- To begin the process you will need to fill out the online application cover page. You will receive an email within the next business day from SmartMove with Bemrose Consulting to follow a link and complete your application.
- Copies of ID’s are to be submitted to WPM.
- Application fees must be paid before applications will be processed.
The application fee schedule is as follows: $20.00 for each individual applicant.
Proof of Employment and Income are Required for the Following:
- If you are moving from out of town. A new hire or transfer letter confirming income is required.
- If you own your own business, copies of the previous 2 years personal tax records are required.
- All other employment requires the last 2 months of paystubs.
- If you receive state, school or any other government issued assistance, copies of the necessary paperwork are required.
Criminal History Screening
Owner and management desire to provide well maintained and well kept property for the benefit of all residents. Screening criteria herein are adopted with the intent of maximizing the ability to provide safe housing for residents, managerial staff, the property, and neighbors. Screening criteria herein are also intended to minimize liability risks, the costs of insurance, maintenance, and repairs to the premises. Screening shall be designed to provide housing to individuals who do not constitute or pose an unreasonable risk of direct threat to persons and/or property of physical harm and/or adverse housing environment. Owner and management agree to limit screening of conviction history to serious offenses against person and/or property.
Owner and management will screen for criminal convictions for crimes against person or property. Crimes listed below, as well as substantially similar crimes, may result in denial of application.
- Child Molestation
- Rape of a Child
- Lewd Conduct
- Solicitation of a Minor for Immoral purpose
- Registration Requirement under Federal or State Sex Offender Registration Act
- Theft (1°/ 2°/ 3°)
- Identity Theft
- Malicious Mischief
- Reckless Burning
- Delivery of a controlled substance
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Manufacturing a controlled substance
Prior to obtaining any information about a prospective tenant, the prospective landlord shall first notify the perspective tenant in writing, or by posting, the following:(iii) if a consumer report is used, the name and address of the consumer reporting agency and the prospective tenant's rights to obtain a free copy of the consumer report in the event of denial or other adverse action and to dispute the accuracy of the information appearing in the consumer report. Applicants can contact AppFolio Consumer Relations team for inquires or concerns regarding their screening report at:
Phone: (866) 359-3630 option 2